Sunday 15 May 2016

Stacking Pandas

I couldn't resist playing with the new release from Mama Elephant today and I've combined them with our new slider die from Art Impressions to make a really fun but super easy interactive card!


I started out with the base image - I placed the die in the centre of my card and drew a light pencil line around the inside so I knew where to stamp my images.  I then used the pandas and boxes from Incoming Mail and used paper masks so I could stack them up on top of each other and create a cute  image that could be revealed through the slider.  I added a little colour with coloured pencils.

To create the slider I used the Art Impressions Slider Die to cut the frame from Chili Pepper Cardstock from Lawn Fawn and then created another strip of card to fit inside it which I stamped images from Happy Mail from using a selective inking technique to get the paper plane from the large sentiment.  Again I used pencils to add colour.  To finish I added a little twine through a punched hole to make it easier to pull the slider in and out.

I was always a little scared of making slider cards but this new die makes it so easy I think I will be making lots of these!  Art Impressions have designed a whole range of stamps to fit in the frame but most of them were out of stock when I got the die but I will be getting them in as soon as I can!








NEWS FROM THE STORE

We will be getting quite a lot of new stock this week:
  • We should have the new release from Concord and 9th tomorrow.
  • The new Lawn Fawn release goes live on Thursday
  • Newton's Nook latest release goes live on Friday and we'll have the last release ready to go at the same time too!
  • There is also a chance that we will have Neat and Tangled by the end of the week.

HOWEVER - we will be away over night on Tuesday so won't be shipping orders on Tuesday or Wednesday but normal service will resume on Thursday and we will catch up as quickly as we can!


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team