Friday 3 June 2016

Simply Colouring Somebunny.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I've got some simple pencil colouring...


...using My Favourite Thing's sweet Somebunny set.


I decided it had been too long since I had a good play with my colour pencils, so used them to create and colour my card.  I love the simple naivety you get from using pencils, so decided to colour onto kraft card to add to the organic feel.


I started with a panel of kraft card, cut into sections using Mama elephant's Landscape Trio dies, and Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die, and coloured each section using my pencils with a little help when needing from some paper stumps and some blending solution.  I then stamped out, coloured and fussy-cut the gorgeous sweet images from My Favourite Things Somebunny.  I also cut and coloured Mama Elephant's Picket Fence to help build up my little scene.


I used Lawn Fawn's Small Cross Stitched Rectangles to give my panel a decorative edge, and stamped out my sentiment, from the same sweet Somebunny set, heat embossing in white powder.  I then matted my piece onto grey card, and mounted onto a card base.
I didn't want to mess with the simplistic look of my card, so skipped on embellishments and left it there.


I really hope you like it, and as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx



Somebunny Image 1Landscape Trio Creative Cuts Image 1Grassy Border Die Image 1

Mama Elephant Picket Fence Creative Cuts  Small Cross Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts

1 comment:

  1. I love your colouring on Kraft Jill, the overall look it gives reminds me of illustrations in children's story books which is perfect with the bunnies x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team