Sunday 30 October 2016

All about the baubles

Hello, my name is Tara and I have a bauble addiction.

It's true - I have a real thing about baubles - I still have some vintage 70s ones from our tree as a kid and buy a few new ones each year, even though we have the tiniest of trees and not many fit!   So I find it pretty hard to resist a bauble stamp and today I have a few examples of the ones from this year that I had to ink up.

First up, I have 3 cards using the amazing Vintage Ornaments stamp and die set from Reverse Confetti.  This set really reminds me of my old 70s baubles so I inked them up first in the colours from those - silver, pink and teal.   I added a subtle background using the new MFT Moroccan Lattice stamp, sponging off ink in places to add to the vintage feel.


I also wanted a more traditional look with reds and greens and think these mini versions would be great to mass produce in a hurry.  I created frames using the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames filling the centres with some plaid paper. (you'll get plaid frames to add solid centres if you swap all the cuts around so more mass production options)  I love how the sentiment is in the die so it makes it really easy to make a quick card with impact.


As this one combines baubles and cats, it was a serious must-have for me!  Here I simply coloured Newton in shades of grey clinging onto a teal bauble and cut him with the matching die.  I used the MFT circle spinner set to cut a small channel and added a spinner disc so that he can swing across the card (make sure you leave your twine loose to allow the movement!)


Finally we have a classy little number from Hero Arts, simple embossed in gold and water coloured in two shades of teal from the Gansai Tambi paint set.  A simple debossed frame and a greeting from the same Stamp and Cut Ornaments set and we're done.  I actually cut these by hand as I didn't want the extra frame on the layered one but you could speed it up with the dies in the set.






NEWS FROM THE STORE

This week we will have the following deliveries:
  • The latest release from Altenew (Monday hopefully)
  • The latest from MFT (Wednesday)
  • I hope to get time to add our new range from Tonic to the site too but as we have a family funeral on Friday our working week is going to be cut short and as always I prioritise getting your orders out asap.  Orders from Friday may not ship until Monday due to the funeral.
Catch you later

Tara
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Tara! I love baubles too and can't resist some new ones each year for the tree :p The retro colours of the first card are absolutely fantastic, so fresh and pretty! Loving the warm plaid of the "mass producers" and that super design. Newton is always a favourite and it was a brilliant idea to make the bauble swing! The final card has to be my favourite though with that incredible intense jade colour from the Gansai Tambis and the debossed frame. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we all understand that there will be a delay Tara! my condoleances and don't worry too much about getting the Tonic products on the site! Grieve with you family and know we're thinking of you.
    L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team