Monday 31 October 2016

Christmas Kitsch

Hello there and happy Monday :)

I know it's Halloween but I have a Christmas card for you today... one with a retro feel to it....


I was so happy to see the Kitsch Christmas set from Avery Elle.. I love the leggy deer images, in fact, I'm sure I had a similar on the solid end of my cot when I was young according to photographs I have!!
I decided to use a very pale ink to stamp the smallest deer and have another go at no-line colouring with my Copics.... I'm quite happy with the result :)
For the background I masked around the edges of the card to leave a rectangle and sponged with a teal colour, leaving the centre to be a fainter shade.
I then used the branches in the set and a larger one from Winnie & Walters Elsa's Floral's, to stamp around the edge in three shades of green ink. Looking at it now, I'm thinking an oval would have been better and more fitting for the retro feel!!

Of course, I had to add glitter for that extra kitsch touch and also to mimic snow on the branches :)


As I was making my own card base I decided to use the Card Easel die by Avery Elle which makes it easier for the recipient to display this piece of retro Christmas on their mantelpiece all season long ;)


The photo above shows how much I shorten the front of the card by when I use the easel die :)



    

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

5 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous <3 The no line coloring is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! The retro feel is brilliantly created with the design and colours. Such a cute stamp set! Love this card <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I remember decals like this little deer on baby cots when I was little! It also reminds me of the Babycham deer that was always around in magazine and TV adverts around Christmss time. Just love the card and colouring. Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team