Saturday 5 November 2016

Watercolor a Night Scene

Hello crafty friends! Today I ventured a bit outside of my comfort zone by creating a very simple watercolored scene. I intentionally went with something easy to make sure I would be successful – let’s take a look!


I wanted to create a night scene, which actually just meant a round circle for the moon and a blue background. Of course, I had to try to add some texture, but even that was surprisingly easy:


It doesn’t get much easier than this, and I hope you got inspired to try something like this for yourself. I think it’s important to keep in mind that this is watercolor, so you can pass off pretty much anything (any blunder, any edgy lines, etc.) as artistic license. Remember, no one except you knows what you had in mind when you started. If you confidently claim the end result is what you were aiming for, who’s going to argue ;)


To add some “sophistication” to my card, I cut a strip of patterned paper and added it underneath my watercolor panel. I find that while I am uncomfortable adding large pieces of patterned paper to my projects, using it for accents like this is really a lot of fun! Who’d have thought? And thanks to my MISTI, I was able to stamp the sentiment _perfectly_ - it’s such a joy to know I can’t mess that up anymore.

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you got inspired!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. Fabulously vibrant and you've got brilliant texture in the watercolour! The strip of paper is a perfect division between the artwork and the sentiment (and yes, I too give thanks on a daily basis for my MISTI...!) Super card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team