Friday 27 January 2017

Crazy colour & camouflage die-cut

Hi everybody, 
Jill here, and this week I am going crazy with colour...


...creating an explosion of butterflies and camouflaging my message.


I was looking at my Instagram feed the other day and realised I was in dire need of some colour, so that's what inspired today's card.
I used Brusho's to create my background (if you haven't heard of them already - Google/You Tube them - amaaaazing product!), but of course you could use anything; inks, Zig Clean Colour Pens, Watercolour, basically whatever your preferred medium is.  I simply sprinkled them on my background, spritzed with water & POW, an explosion of colour.  I then added a whole load of flicks and splashes using Kuretake Starry Colours & Zig Pens mixed with water.  I coloured a separate piece of card in the same way at the same time and used this piece to cut a load of Waffle Flower Teeny Wings butterflies from.  I also cut a load of the same Teeny Wings from plain white card too.
I then took Lawn Fawn's Scripty Wishes, and die-cut from the front of my card.  I added a layer of foam to the back, and in-laid the whole thing back in.  I wanted my die to remain 'camouflaged' into the background, but I didn't want to lose it completely, so I added a layer of vellum, again cut from the same die, and adhered over the top using Stick-It to give it a different finish to the rest of the card.



I then added my scattering of Teeny Wing butterflies, fluttering out from my die and colour explosion, and adhered them in place.
I white heat embossed 'Happy' from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby onto black card, cut into a little flag and added to my card front to finish off my sentiment.
I then matted my panel onto black card, mounted the whole thing to a card base, and there you have it.
I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Tiny Wings Scripty Wishes Lawn Cuts Stick It  Gansai Tambi Starry Colours Watercolour Pan Set (6)  Hello Baby Image 1

3 comments:

  1. Oohhhhh, so gorgeous! What a fabulous riot of colour! The camouflaged sentiment is great and the butterflies are such a lovely effect. Awesome card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the explosion of colour and the butterflies. Liking the vellum over the hidden message too to add contrast x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team