Thursday 9 February 2017

Floral Stamping On Die Cut Letters


Hi there everyone and happy Thursday! Lydia here with you today and I've been playing round with stamped die-cuts and I totally love how this come together.
 

I started by cutting the letters for 'hello' five times using 'Altenew Bold Alphabet Die Set' as I wanted a stacked sentiment once I had finished my stamping. To create the continuous flow on the letters I took I piece of scrap paper and draw a straight line on it and lined up the letters to spell out 'hello'. I only used one set of the five I die cut and adhered them to the scrap paper with re-positional adhesive.
 

I then stamped my floral images using Wplus9 'More Fresh Cuts' with Altenew Crisp Inks, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Cotton Candy, Coral Berry, Mango Smoothie, Bamboo and Olive. Once I was happy with the amount of stamping I then stacked up the die-cut letters, adding the stamped ones on top.


All that was left was to add the letters to my card..... simple but effective! For a step by step on how I created this card, you can go watch the video at my blog.

Please leave me a comment as I would really love to know what you think of my card!

Hugs Lydia xxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lydia! I love stamped die cut sentiments and you've chosen such a lovely colour palette and just the right bold letters for a really fresh and elegant look. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and so effective, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this... wish there was a video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning! I will have to try this out soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lydia
    So delicate and pretty.
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is simply beautiful, Lydia ... those soft colours, the feminine blooms, all that glorious white space ... what a stunner! Popped over to your blog ... such a great video, thank you. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and I would never have thought of stamping on the die cuts - thank you for the inspiration. Your cards are always beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bought the alpha dies just so that I can try to case this! This is one of the most beautiful designs I've seen in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team