Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sweet Cupcakes

The Altenew Way Too Sweet stamp set is one of my favourites. I wanted to make a card featuring the cake images from this set, as I haven't used them as much as the ice cream and lollipop images.


I used a border stamp and Altenew inks to create stripes on a piece of watercolour card. To give them a loose watercolour look, I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping onto the card.

I used a heat tool to dry the stripes, then stamped the cakes and a heart image over the background. I chose Altenew Lava Rock ink as thought black would look too harsh.


I created the sentiment from two different stamps, selectively stamping the words I wanted to create my own greeting. I heat embossed it in gold on vellum, and die cut it into a tag. I added it to the card with liquid glue, and added a few clear sequins around it.


Thanks for joining me today,
Gemma


Altenew Way Too Sweet

Mama Elephant Basic Borders

Hero Arts Gold Embossing powder

1 comment:

  1. Beyond cute! (And making me hungry... mmmmm, cake!) I love the striped candy-coloured lines in the background. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team