Thursday 4 May 2017

Making a House a...... Church!!

Hello again, Jenny here :).... popping back for a Thursday blog post.

I've been playing around with the MFT Home Sweet Home dies because the tall narrow house put me in mind of a church tower. After some trimming and jigging around of shapes from the set, I came up with this cute little church design which I've made into a wedding card....


To make the rest of the church building I used one of the other houses and reduced it in height so the window spaces where not included in the die cut.... I kept the little white rectangles though to use as windows on this piece....



I cut both the rooves in brown textured card along with the tall house so I could use the rounded top window as a door...... there are doors in the die set but because I had changed the scale of the building they were too big to use. I did the same trick with the tree top and trunk, it was easier to turn the tree canopy and slice off some of the shape before tucking it behind the church.


I've used a narrow strip of card to ground the building and added a small hedge to balance the design... this is the topiary bush which I've cut in half. I kept the colours and layout simple, just adding a double thickness scalloped frame and a sentiment from a Paper Smooches set :)

          

This die set is such a good collection of shapes to have fun with.... almost like building blocks!!
I'm sure they're are lots more designs you could make with these dies.

Thanks for stopping by today :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

  1. This is so creative, Jenny! Loving your adaptation of the dies to make something really bespoke. The Kraft and neutral colour palette is really stylish. Fab card <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was searching for home loan information, who can shift my car. found your content it is really helpful.
    Find the best home loan in India.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team