Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sea life card - have a "fintastic" birthday!


Hi everyone, it's Esther here with a sea life card using Paper Smooches Briny Blue stamps. This is such a fun set with its cartoon feel and goggle-eyed fish!



I wanted to make a really dimensional card, so the elements in the card not directly on the base are raised on 1, 2 or 3 foam pads to create depth.



The ocean was created with water based dye ink, splattered with water and mopped up, and then splattered again with dark blue at the bottom and white at the top.

The layered frames are Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames, three deep with foam pads between. The sea creatures are coloured with alcohol markers. The sentiment is stamped onto one of the flag shapes from My Favorite Things Blueprints 29




That's all from me for today. Thanks for looking!


      

4 comments:

  1. I love your fishy scene! I'm hoping to make something similar when my new order of MFT stamps and dies arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Card makes happy :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team