Sunday 15 October 2017

Pretty Plaid and Santa Trees

Hope you're all enjoying this good weather we're having this weekend - it feels like summer came back for one last blast.

I've been playing with the new release from Concord and 9th this weekend - it is such a strong release I love it ALL but I a sucker for a fun font so the first thing I wanted to play with was the Trim the Tree stamp but with a bit of a santa twist.



I started with some kraft cardstock and heat embossed the two large sentiments in copper embossing powder and then topped them with a santa face from Hero Arts coloured with pencils.

To create the cards themselves I took some kraft base cards and stamped a plaid pattern on using the new plaid background stamp from Concord and 9th using red for the main image and embossing the lines over the top in copper to tie the looks together.


I couldn't decide if I liked it better with or without a red matt layer so I did one of each - which do you prefer?




NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • Yesterday we finally managed to get the new release from Altenew which had been held up in customs live for sale.
  • Later today we'll have the new release and restocks from Mama Elephant.
  • Tuesday 17th there is a new Lil' Inker's Designs release and on Friday there is a holiday release from Newton's Nook - we'll try our best to get them live on release day.
  • We'll also hopefully have Stamping Bella's last couple of releases live this week too.
Catch you next weekend

Tara




1 comment:

  1. Great cards - I think I prefer the one with the red layer. Thanks for the store update too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team