Sunday 1 October 2017

The Walking Dead....

Today I have a slightly unusual take on a birthday card which would be perfect for all the Walking Dead fans out there and a great way to use all the fabulous spooky supplies we have beyond Halloween.  I do so love Halloween supplies but I just don't send Halloween cards so I try to find ways that I can still justify them by using them for other things.


I started with the brand new SpookyScape Die from Sugar Pea Designs and die cut it twice from some black card so I could layer it up to create a scene to fill my oval rather than having it in one long line.  Once I'd created the two layers I ran it through the die cut using an oval die.  I did some ink blending on some white card using distress oxides in orange, coral and purple to give a spooky sunset and die cut that with the same oval to create my focal centre.  I added a few white highlights on the black to echo the sunset.

Next I switched my focus to the sentiment and background and went to my favourite spooky stamp set also from SugarPea Designs - Undying Love.   I stamped one of the sentiments and embossed it in lime green onto the black oval.   I stamped the zombies onto my base card (making them taller so I could see both heads and feet by stamping the top and bottoms separately), just as outlines and scattered some bats from the die around to finish.   Perhaps not the most obvious choice of birthday card but I do have lots of friends who'd appreciate the humour ;-)



NEWS FROM THE STORE

As we're at the start of the month - it gets crazy around here as this is the week we have to place lots of orders for this month that will ship throughout the month.

Currently in transit we have orders from:

  • My Favorite Things
  • WaffleFlower Crafts
  • AlteNew

We are waiting for the following to ship:

  • Neat and Tangled new release
  • Lawn Fawn restocks
  • The last release, restocks and the brand new upcoming Christmas release from Stamping Bella.
We will be ordering today the brand new release from Mama Elephant (did you see their sneaky peek on Instagram - my oh my it's a good one!) and have already ordered restocks on the last release  but they are waiting for more to be manufactured as they sold out of everything themselves so we are not yet sure when we will get those delivered.

Catch you later

Tara






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team